A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterforever
Mullet

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by leinsterforever »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm
leinsterforever wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:19 am Maybe Guy Easterby should pull out his contact book and give Niki Adeolukin a call. With Adam Byrne & DK having exited stage left, we could do with some short-term cover for the wing. The applicants should be competent in the air and capable of taking sharp chances. NA has these abilities.

Hamstring injuries in Leinster? This should be the subject of a forensic examination. Our track record in recent years is really poor and by now, I hope we have some idea why.
I'd prefer Barry Daly - if he's fit.

I'm interested to see how Keenan goes at 14 if the rumoured selection is accurate. If he shows good instincts defensively and is solid in the air he could become a real option.
it's where he played for the 20's.
More 11, no? Matthew Byrne on the right wing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

leinsterforever wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:10 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm
leinsterforever wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm I'd prefer Barry Daly - if he's fit.

I'm interested to see how Keenan goes at 14 if the rumoured selection is accurate. If he shows good instincts defensively and is solid in the air he could become a real option.
it's where he played for the 20's.
More 11, no? Matthew Byrne on the right wing.
ah yes, correct you are.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Senior players with no game time through 2 games:

LH Prop(1)
Peter Dooley(26/Birr RFC/Lansdowne) - shoulder

TH Prop(2)
Tadhg Furlong(27/New Ross RFC/Clontarf) - back
Vakh Abdaladze(24/Coolmine RFC/Clontarf) - back injury

Hooker(1)
Dan Sheehan(21/Clongowes/Lansdowne)

Lock(2)
James Ryan(24/St. Michaels/UCD) - shoulder injury
Jack Dunne(21/St. Michaels/DUFC)

Backrow(1)
Dan Leavy(26/St. Michaels/UCD) - knee injury

Scrumhalf(1)
Hugh O'Sullivan(22/Belvedere/Clontarf)

Centre(2)
Conor O'Brien(24/Mullingar RFC/Clontarf) - hamstring injury
Tommy O'Brien(22/Blackrock/UCD)

Back Three(2)
Fergus McFadden(34/Clongowes/Old Belvedere) - calf injury
Adam Byrne(26/Naas RFC/UCD) - hamstring injury
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster Rugby can this morning confirm the signing of tighthead prop Ciaran Parker on an initial three-month loan from Jersey Reds.

Bad news incoming on Tadhg...
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:05 am Leinster Rugby can this morning confirm the signing of tighthead prop Ciaran Parker on an initial three-month loan from Jersey Reds.

Oh, Mr Salanoa, what have you done?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Might be Tadhg, but might be Vakh too.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:05 am Leinster Rugby can this morning confirm the signing of tighthead prop Ciaran Parker on an initial three-month loan from Jersey Reds.

You hearing something MI or you just putting 2 and 2 together on this?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:21 am

You hearing something MI or you just putting 2 and 2 together on this?
2 and 2.. hopefully i'm off and it's just cover.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

The official announcement said its because we will be light on personnel during the Internationals.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

offshorerules wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:30 am The official announcement said its because we will be light on personnel during the Internationals.
hope so..

given they planned on having 4 TH's when Porter/Furlong were away, pre Salanoa leaving.. and they were down to two healthy TH's, one of whom is 20, it's pretty understandable.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

We lost two props in the summer and only planned on losing one so there was a gap. Loads of us said we were short at TH and speculated about who we might bring in so there’s no need to panic now that we’ve actually done it.

Thought we might go for Heffernan actually.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Just makes the whole Salanoa thing more bizarre ...... anyway, we are were we are I suppose!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:37 am Just makes the whole Salanoa thing more bizarre ...... anyway, we are were we are I suppose!
Salanoa thing isn't bizarre, his handlers/agents are munster men and sent him south as soon as munster were interested.

Leinster would have been better off investing in Aungier when time came to choose between Aungier and Salanoa. Cest la vie...hopefully it's just cover and Furlong isn't crocked..
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 11:37 am Just makes the whole Salanoa thing more bizarre ...... anyway, we are were we are I suppose!
I think it’s just unfortunate timing for everyone really. It makes sense that he saw Furlong and Porter ahead of him and fancied getting past Archer and Ryan instead, and he could hardly have foreseen a pandemic where rugby would be like this in August and September so would have been guaranteed more game time with us. Plus he’s been injured so who knows maybe he’d have been playing in the last two games if he’d been fit.

Now I think it was a bad move for him because he was developing nicely for us in a much better environment and had plenty of time on his side, but can see how it made sense for him.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

David Nucifora excelling in his job yet again.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

If this is nothing to do with Furlong, then losing both Salanoa and Aungier was clearly a fup for which it would seem both LR and the IRFU share some responsibility. I really hope that's all it is.

I don't really recall much of Parker. But he presumably left Munster because they refused to play him, like they refuse to play all young players. Is he any good?
He's not the only player Jersey have agreed to let play elsewhere temporarily. Still no news on when the Championship is starting I think?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

How is it a mistake by Nucifora? If Parker ends up playing more than Salanoa then yeah fair enough the situation shouldn’t have been allowed to happen, but surely the envisioned scenario is that Salanoa gets lots of game time for Munster over the next 9/10 months and Parker is only used by us in an emergency?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

MildlyInterested:

"Leinster would have been better off investing in Aungier when time came to choose between Aungier and Salanoa. "

All Suttonians and Howth heads would agree with this statement!!!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

If Parker does well you can be sure they'll want him back "for the good of Irish rugby"!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

That was a nice little swap for Munster, for their next trip the IRFU will engineer Ryan Baird to be swooped for Billy Holland.