Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th.

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:58 am Kicker accuracy is massively overdone by some pundits.

Everyone misses kicks, it’s easy to build a narrative on top of nothing. Kicks ca NB be measured by someone with almost no understanding of the game. Madigan did well but he’s been a good kicker for a long time. Munster didn’t lose because JJ missed 2 kicks, especially when Sexton missed one anyway.
Can anyone explain why Munster kicked to the corner twice in the first half rather going for the posts?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Pro 14 final, Sept 12th.

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:17 pm Have to take your hat off to the decisiveness of Dan McFarland's changes at halftime - Jordi, Cooney and Ludik off, with Reidy, Mathewson and Lowry on. Very, very rare that you see a coach make three changes at halftime.I actually can't remember having seen it at all in a match of any consequence.
Jordi must have had a very poor 6 minutes after half time for you to think he had gone off because he did actually appear for the second half!

He was trying to steal a ball on the ground and was cleared out quite awkwardly. I was worried he was injured and he did get up quite gingerly and hold the back of his leg before playing on for another minute or so and then he was replaced. Not sure if that was why he went off or if it was purely because of his performance though.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th.

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote: September 7th, 2020, 12:27 pm
ronk wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:58 am Kicker accuracy is massively overdone by some pundits.

Everyone misses kicks, it’s easy to build a narrative on top of nothing. Kicks ca NB be measured by someone with almost no understanding of the game. Madigan did well but he’s been a good kicker for a long time. Munster didn’t lose because JJ missed 2 kicks, especially when Sexton missed one anyway.
Can anyone explain why Munster kicked to the corner twice in the first half rather going for the posts?
Munster are really good at losing semi finals.

Normally kicking to the corner is a good play. JJ’s kicking for touch was not good so they didn’t get good yardage.

Leinster thought about going for it with a great attacking position at the end of the half. But knockout rugby is different and Munster have form for poor decisions In big matches in recent years.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Re: Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

Post by elephantman »

James Ryan available for Saturday. Great news.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Murray K
Leinster say James Ryan is available for the PRO14 final.

Dan Leavy and Tadhg Furlong are maybes, while Jordan Larmour is going through return-to-play protocols.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Great news. I’m sure he’ll start but I’d have him on the bench.

I know it’s a final but I’d rotate quite a bit. It’s just such a weird time that we can’t play the same guys every week. I’d start Ed Byrne and Josh but that’s not reflection on Healy or Connors obviously. Maybe JGP and Frawley too.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Larmour given the week off anyway and for Rob to be involved. Think he might have been unavailable last week.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Connors to play because on Cotezee.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:14 pm Connors to play because on Cotezee.
But then you'd still start him against Saracens so that'd be four starts in a row?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Winning on Saturday is the only thing that matters right now.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:07 pm Great news. I’m sure he’ll start but I’d have him on the bench.

I know it’s a final but I’d rotate quite a bit. It’s just such a weird time that we can’t play the same guys every week. I’d start Ed Byrne and Josh but that’s not reflection on Healy or Connors obviously. Maybe JGP and Frawley too.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Larmour given the week off anyway and for Rob to be involved. Think he might have been unavailable last week.
Larmour failed HIA. Don’t think he can play.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:22 pm Winning on Saturday is the only thing that matters right now.
Yeah but you could say that every week from now until the CC final if we get there.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Saturday is the Pro14 final.
We've lost to Munster and Connacht in Pro14 finals, don't want particular grand slam.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

ronk wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:07 pm Great news. I’m sure he’ll start but I’d have him on the bench.

Larmour failed HIA. Don’t think he can play.
not surpised he failed the HIA..I thought he was knocked out momentarily after getting clattered by JJs knee in the head. rob in at 15 on sat?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Lowe, Kelleher, Keenan back three?

Or

Lowe, Keenan, Kearney?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Doris following the leavy development pathway of getting a scar under his eye.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Felipe Contepomi confident that Jordan Larmour will be in the selection mix for the PRO14 final if he comes through the RTP protocols in fine fettle
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm
blockhead wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:14 pm Connors to play because on Cotezee.
But then you'd still start him against Saracens so that'd be four starts in a row?
Was mulling this over today.
Coetzee is hands down the best carrier in Ireland.
Billy V is even better though.

I'd hope we can handle Ulster and Coetzee without having Chopper Porridge.
I think he could be key against Billy V though, who is a scourge of both us and Ireland.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

blockhead wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:40 pm Saturday is the Pro14 final.
We've lost to Munster and Connacht in Pro14 finals, don't want particular grand slam.
We've never lost to Ulster though. And beat them in 2013, which was the last time they made a final.
We've also beaten Munster in the final. So, only Connacht have a 100% winning record over us in finals :wink:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This is what the dude on Twitter who has the early scoop on the team for the last few weeks is saying we're going with.

It's @LimitedBall for anyone wanting to follow. He has been bang on for Munster & Ulster games in fairness. Make of that what you will.

(I would at least imagine Lowe will be on the left not right wing, but otherwise it seems plausible.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Bit surprised no-one has even mentioned Maxi in all the squads that have been suggested, he's worth his place on the bench at least.