*** updated *** frawley is not moving to munster.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

*** updated *** frawley is not moving to munster.

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

rumours abound that frawley maybe going to muinster on a short term loan. I stress the word "rumour"...nothing official, all on social mejya.
Last edited by MylesNaGapoleen on September 8th, 2020, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: frawley to munster?

Post by mildlyinterested »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: September 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm rumours abound that frawley maybe going to muinster on a short term loan. I stress the word "rumour"...nothing official, all on social mejya.
munster don't have a game anytime soon.. Frawley could be on the bench for leinster this weekend...

ignore the online "rumours" here is frawley today...

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Didn't they just signa world cup winning 12?

Don't wear 10 down there. Just don't do it. They have a fucktup relationship with that jersey and haven't produced one in decades because of it.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

probably fake news but munster should bring on healy or jake flannery. or even take back bill Johnston from Ulster . With madigan at ulster johnston will be 3rd choice there now
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Will burst a blood vessel if this happens..................................hopefully just a load of tosh..........................
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Blueberry wrote: September 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm Will burst a blood vessel if this happens..................................hopefully just a load of tosh..........................
Agreed.

no confirmation but source is a leinster rugby ltd employee.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Nothing would suprise me with that lot.
They have the golden boot winner for this season and a bunch of very promising and much lauded young tens.
But success must be now, always now.
If it weakens Leinster then all the better.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Would be a very sensible move for all parties.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Sensible to let a player go who will play when henshaw is unavailable? Dont think so. Try playing one of the new kids on the block who have been waiting for their chance. It's called progression. Not let's have a look at who leinster have that we can borrow until carbery comes back.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Munster have 2 senior 10s: JJ and Scannell.

Why even entertain going from 3rd choice in Leinster with Sexton and probably Ross going on international duty to 3rd in Munster.

Frawley would go from splitting starts with Harry Byrne (& still making the bench) to a sub sub to backing up JJ with Scannell covering a 6-2 split.

The unrealistic best case scenario is that Frawley starts a few games and covers JJ a few times. But that’s less than he’ll get here in the short term.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:13 pm Would be a very sensible move for all parties.
You fold so easily and revert to type.

Coming next: JvG is still new and deserves time, also we should sign lots of players to help with our player development.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:13 pm Would be a very sensible move for all parties.
How exactly would it be a sensible move for Leinster?! (Never mind Frawley)
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Ridiculous comment, but I'll engage

No need for Frawley to move just yet. Theres also another way to look at this "player glut" we have with all our talented players. They are training with Sexton, under Contempomi and Lancaster. How much does the Leinster environment contribute to their excellence, especially at a developmental level? When you move away, to a weaker club, could your development stall?
Last edited by Up Wexford on September 7th, 2020, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

We have seen time and again that leaving Leinster is not good for players. Lancaster was as scathing as he ever would be regarding Carvery being forced out. He said "it is your moral duty to ask yourself what is the best thing for the young man? I believe the best thing for his development was to stay here". I'm paraphrasing.

Taking the Toxic Ten jersey at Munster would be a very bad career move. If he ever misses a kick the craven and faithless would turn on him. He would get fewer games and learn less.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Up Wexford wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:27 pm

No need for Frawley to move just yet. Theres also another way to look at this "player glut" we have with all our talented players. They are training with Sexton, under Contempomi and Lancaster. How much does the Leinster environment contribute to their excellence, especially at a developmental level? When you move away, to a weaker club, could your development stall?
Should have put a smiley face after that comment.
A short term deal for Frawley makes no sense for any party in this deal.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Frawley starting a big game just yet, and IMO he is not a million miles ahead of any of the backup options available to Munster.

I would be all for a short term deal for an out half, but this is not the deal that should happen.

Player would not strengthen Munster, would weaken Leinster, and the player himself would get very limited game time.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

if true the munster academy 10's should all look to move, if they don't get opportunities now they'll never get them.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:37 pm if true the munster academy 10's should all look to move, if they don't get opportunities now they'll never get them.
+1 Such a move would just go down like a lead balloon not just in Leinster, but also in Munster. From reading the Red Army, our fellow rugby fans down south are tearing their hair out at the lack of opportunity accorded their own young talent. How are these young fellas to progress, if they're never given the chance? How are Munster to restore pride in the jersey, if they keep going for the quick fix and watering down their own brand?
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:37 pm

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with Frawley starting a big game just yet, and IMO he is not a million miles ahead of any of the backup options available to Munster.

I would be all for a short term deal for an out half, but this is not the deal that should happen.

Player would not strengthen Munster, would weaken Leinster, and the player himself would get very limited game time.
An easy way to give half the forum an anuerysm :lol:

Hopefully this is just rumour and hearsay, nothing more. But I wonder on an organizational level, who is making these transfer requests? JVG, Nucifora, the players agent...
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Up Wexford wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:05 pm
munster#1 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:37 pm

An easy way to give half the forum an anuerysm :lol:

Hopefully this is just rumour and hearsay, nothing more. But I wonder on an organizational level, who is making these transfer requests? JVG, Nucifora, the players agent...
Ha ha, sorry about that.

The only way this makes any sense is if Carberry is a long term absentee, and the IRFU are behind it.
Perhaps Munster requested a short term option and this is all the IRFU will allow??

The player himself would want to be getting a written guarantee that he will see loads of game time at 10.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Up Wexford wrote: September 7th, 2020, 7:05 pm
my guess (if there is legs to the rumours) it is an IRFU initiative rather than a Munster one. their goal being, with carbery clearly out for a long time, to get more game time for potential Ireland 10s. I agree with what others posted about munster developing their own talent and another leinster 10 coming in ahead of jake flannery, healy and others would be so deomralising.