Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sorted the lineout in the second half and that removed any entry point into the game for Ulster. Scoreless since the 3rd minute
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

God I miss being there. The players deserve it.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Some defensive set from about the 59-63min, they went from just outside our twenty two to Madigan kicking out on the full under huge pressure just inside their half. We were far from perfect with the ball but unreal endeavour without it.

Another trophy to celebrate, thanks lads :happy clapper:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

Great win - lots to work on but shored up line out and gutted I can’t be there with a proper atmo
This teAm and coaching staff are very special
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Huge call next week for Leo. JVDF or Will. Rather him then me :shock:
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Nice lift
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Ferg and Rob!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 12th, 2020, 9:34 pm Ferg and Rob!
:cry:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

You have to admire Dan McFarland. As well as looking after strategy and tactics he also has to make sure Marty Moore gets on the pitch by 60 minutes otherwise he eats the subs. Where did it all go wrong?

I think tonight put to bed the Stuart McCloskey for Ireland debate. Henshaw was great tonight.

Jack Conon was excellent.

Jack McGrath on form would not be within an asses roar of getting into the Leinster squad.

Am worried about my sanity and mental health. I agree with Liam Toland on Man of the Match. JDF was tackling everything and anything. Great performance.

For years I have used Dev Toner as a yard stick. If people said they didn't rate him or understand why he was playing for Leinster or Ireland I would stop talking to them about Rugby. He had a great game again. His lineout steal at the end of the Match epitomised his value to the squad.

I was very relaxed about tonight. The other half wasn't. She gave me odds of 5/1 for Leinster to win by 20 clear points. So I have an extra fiver.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Absolutely delighted that Michael Bent got to play in a final. He’s been a fantastic servant.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The Magnificent Seven.
Or, the Dynamic Dozen.
In reality only our awful lineout kept Ulster in the game, they were quite poor really.
Rob and Ferg lifting the trophy, :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
The intercept killed it.
All hail Plumber!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All scrumhalves have strengths and weaknesses, but one thing that JGP does better than anyone else in Ireland is that whipped skip pass on the line to put the wide man over.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Penny for the thoughts of the 9 Leinster guy standing on the pitch watching the boys in blue lift the trophy.
I think we have the other provinces in a mental straightjacket.

Any word on injuries?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

D4surfer wrote: September 12th, 2020, 9:40 pm Absolutely delighted that Michael Bent got to play in a final. He’s been a fantastic servant.
Absolutely agree. MB has turned out to be a great squad player and contributes well whether starting or coming off the bench.
Great to see Rob and Ferg lift the trophy - very nice gesture. Its just a pity it was in an empty stadium.
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Always delighted [and relieved!] to see Leinster win a pot. We have really dominated the league this year in a manner never seen before, and it was very pleasant – and fitting – to be able to sit back and enjoy the last eight or nine minutes of the game with the result in the bag.

Very happy in particular for the lads who got to start a final for the first time - Keenan, Byrne, JGP, Doris, Kelleher and Porter. Getting past that milestone is a big accomplishment in anybody's career.

This was a rugby match stripped back just to rugby. There were a lot of atmospheric [and some very enjoyable] elements that accompany a typical final that were missing, and all we were left with was the game itself – just the game, and the sport. Commiserations to Ulster, well done to our coaching staff and congratulations to all the players who contributed to that unblemished league victory over the course of a long [and recently very strange] season.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

D2 Blue wrote: September 12th, 2020, 10:01 pm
D4surfer wrote: September 12th, 2020, 9:40 pm Absolutely delighted that Michael Bent got to play in a final. He’s been a fantastic servant.
Absolutely agree. MB has turned out to be a great squad player and contributes well whether starting or coming off the bench.
Great to see Rob and Ferg lift the trophy - very nice gesture. Its just a pity it was in an empty stadium.
I cant ever remember MB having a bad game for Leinster- never spectacular - but solid...
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

In case its not said - I thought Mr Brace had a good, balanced game as referee...

as a former referee myself - the best you can hope for is not to be remembered for anything
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Really delighted for the entire group. They deserve it for the efforts throughout an extraordinary season, even the 0-3 versus Zebra.

But is there anything more unwanted, at the moment of award at least, than a Losing Cup Medal? The various Ulster players caught on shot were taking them off as quickly as they had been put around their necks.

Another hugely effective Leinster performance, despite a Lineout that rarely functioned. Great performances all over the pitch but a few flaws evident also. Once again Larmour's studs don't do him any favours. At least four clear slips in possession and one in defence.

JGP gave an excellent performance. Porter put any concerns, about Furlong's absence, quickly and firmly to bed. Ross Byrne took good advantage from the Ulster defence's focus on his midfield partners. Keenan dealt with Stockdale as required and none of the four outhalves on display located a team-mate with a cross kick.

Four out of five so far for Leo's lads. One pot on the table and next weeks' opponents are no wiser how we do it, other than by miserly defence. Saracens have not performed in public with the combinations that will greet us next week. Tomorrow v Exeter may give an insight as to what McCall has in store for us, but don't hold your breath.

Well done Leo and all the Coaches & Management, but above all, all 53 players who contributed to this superb run of wins
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 12th, 2020, 9:26 pm Huge call next week for Leo. JVDF or Will. Rather him then me :shock:
Big call at 6 too.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

My half-time pessimism looks fupping stupid now!

Ulster have an excellent squad. To hold them scoreless for 77 minutes and win a final against them by 22 points is s huge achievement on its own. The fact its three Pro14s in a row jist shows what a great era we’re living through. Delighted!

I still think we weren’t at our best. We really should have scored again in the few minutes after Henshaw’s try. It’s a trend since the restart; we’re not as prolific as we were and will need to be.