Leinster A '20-21'

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterforever
Mullet

Re: Leinster A '20-21'

Post by leinsterforever »

It would be pretty funny if Parker turned out better in the long run than Salanoa.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

I don't understand how The New England Free Jacks could get a live stream with commentary of ALL their cara cup games last year before they had even played their first professional game and yet we can't get a stream of this. They even had a live steam of the Leinster v Munster game there and we can't get one in our own country! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQKHd34haSE
It's inexcusable. Hopefully we send the A team to America every year, at least we could see them then.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Keith wrote: September 24th, 2020, 6:46 pm I don't understand how The New England Free Jacks could get a live stream with commentary of ALL their cara cup games last year before they had even played their first professional game and yet we can't get a stream of this. They even had a live steam of the Leinster v Munster game there and we can't get one in our own country! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQKHd34haSE
It's inexcusable. Hopefully we send the A team to America every year, at least we could see them then.
I'd suggest it's not so much can't, as won't
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Keith wrote: September 24th, 2020, 6:46 pm I don't understand how The New England Free Jacks could get a live stream with commentary of ALL their cara cup games last year before they had even played their first professional game and yet we can't get a stream of this. They even had a live steam of the Leinster v Munster game there and we can't get one in our own country! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQKHd34haSE
I'd suggest it's not so much can't, as won't
What do ye think Dave, is it to prevent other coaches scouting players etc.? Hard to think of many other reasons why they wouldn't stream these games.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I get the logic but clubs all record those games anyway so surely they ask each other for the footage?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:34 pm I get the logic but clubs all record those games anyway so surely they ask each other for the footage?
Yeah I would have thought that too but I can't think of any other reason strong enough why they wouldn't stream them, especially in the current environment.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Certainly very disappointing that Leinster are not streaming this game. Clubs are streaming many of the Leinster League / Energia games tomorrow to facilitate supporters & Club members. Leinster should take their responsibility to STH & supporters more seriously.
Lithiumtherapy
Beginner

Post by Lithiumtherapy »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 24th, 2020, 12:03 pm Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Michael Silvester
14. Tommy O’Brien
13. Jimmy O’Brien
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. Cian Kelleher
10. Harry Byrne
9. Hugh O’Sullivan
1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Ciaran Parker
4. Jack Dunne
5. Charlie Ryan CAPTAIN
6. Josh Murphy
7. Scott Penny
8. Max Deegan

Replacements from:
John McKee
Michael Milne
Tom Clarkson
Ross Molony
Joe McCarthy
Martin Moloney
Sean O’Brien
Rhys Ruddock
Alex Soroka
Cormac Foley
Rowan Osborne
David Hawkshaw
Liam Turner
Andrew Smith
Niall Comerford
That's a starting XV tonight that looks significantly stronger than any Leinster 'A' side fielded in last years Celtic Cup - even the final which was of course also against Ulster 'A'.
12 players starting tonight with in the region of 380 games between them by comparison with just 4 starters in that Celtic final who had only 26 caps at that time.
It maybe suggests Leo is looking to build up minutes today for guys who will at least be firmly in the mix for selection in the opening rounds against Dragons and Benetton - using it more like a final preseason trial for seniors with some academy stardust sprinkled in rather than a more typical 'A' fixture selection based more strongly on the academy. The extended bench also reinforces this preseason vibe. Any of the Academy guys playing should really be stoked.
Curious to see the captaincy go to one of the few uncapped starters given all the experience available as alternative options for the role- something of a vote of confidence in a young man's leadership qualities perhaps?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

7-7 HT. Max Deegan try at the end of the half. It sounds like most of the scoring chances were for ulster. They kicked to the corner from a number of near the post penalties but didn't take advantage,
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Two big turnovers for TOB and the scrum going well according to Murray K.

This is like the glory days of ceefax/teletext.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote: September 25th, 2020, 12:20 pm Certainly very disappointing that Leinster are not streaming this game. Clubs are streaming many of the Leinster League / Energia games tomorrow to facilitate supporters & Club members. Leinster should take their responsibility to STH & supporters more seriously.
Let’s tell ourselves that it helps keep a lower profile for some of the guys so Munster fans don’t recruit them.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Ruckedtobits wrote: September 25th, 2020, 12:20 pm Certainly very disappointing that Leinster are not streaming this game. Clubs are streaming many of the Leinster League / Energia games tomorrow to facilitate supporters & Club members. Leinster should take their responsibility to STH & supporters more seriously.
Time for the fans to start kicking up a bit of a fuss over this.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Sounds like it's just as well there wasn't any tv coverage
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Jaysus that was a poor result. 14-29 FT
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 25th, 2020, 8:46 pm Jaysus that was a poor result. 14-29 FT
10 points for Ulster in the last minute apparently, including an intercept try.
Dont Panic!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

i blame Johnny Sexton
I have Bumbleflex
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Looks like we need to sign some NIQs for our 'A' team.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

:lol: :clap:
Dont Panic!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Jack Conan didn’t turn up for another big game .... this time literally
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 25th, 2020, 8:46 pm Jaysus that was a poor result. 14-29 FT
We did a complete change in team at halftime and Ulster didn’t.

Plus I thought leavy was due to play in this game? Did he have a setback??