Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by fourthirtythree »

ronk wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:52 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:41 pm Half three in October. They would have been on. Phew.
I think you just started drinking early.
Honestly not with the niece, nephew, and father in tow which is much more disturbing!
Last edited by fourthirtythree on September 26th, 2020, 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

blockhead wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Twist wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:21 pm So we’re guaranteed a new winner this year. I fancy Exeter at this stage, but only barely
Its going to be the first time since 2008 that one of the big four (Leinster, Toulon, Saracens and Toulouse) haven't taken the trophy home, 11 seasons.
Hope Racing do it, they've paid their dues.
I see what you did there...
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

joooooe wrote: September 26th, 2020, 9:03 pm
Twist wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:21 pm So we’re guaranteed a new winner this year. I fancy Exeter at this stage, but only barely
Its going to be the first time since 2008 that one of the big four (Leinster, Toulon, Saracens and Toulouse) haven't taken the trophy home, 11 seasons.
The previous 8 were 2 each for Wasps, Leicester, Toulouse and Munster. Very much a different generation of successful clubs.

Leicester and Toulouse made finals for 2 more years but otherwise all 4 sides have had the day off that weekend.

No other team has even made a final other than Clemont and Racing. 2000 was the last time a final was won by a team with a single Heineken Cup.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Literally paid. Would rather Exeter for that very reason.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: September 26th, 2020, 9:35 pm

The previous 8 were 2 each for Wasps, Leicester, Toulouse and Munster. Very much a different generation of successful clubs.

Leicester and Toulouse made finals for 2 more years but otherwise all 4 sides have had the day off that weekend.

No other team has even made a final other than Clemont and Racing. 2000 was the last time a final was won by a team with a single Heineken Cup.
That suggests that the HCC isn't a particularly competitive competition.
Now where have we heard that before?
BTW just putting a spin on it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:39 pm Wow. At least tell me the lights were on. I was pretty sure it wasn't a Saturday evening match for no particularly good reason, remember the place lit up and the buzz. But memory is plastic and I could have invented it. And the three Exeter fans apparently!

First match in Europe after a lions or world cup is also the ideal time to play Leinster in Europe I think.
You could be getting confused with the London Irish game.
Or else.........
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:43 pm Its going to be the first time since 2008 that one of the big four (Leinster, Toulon, Saracens and Toulouse) haven't taken the trophy home, 11 seasons.

Time has moved on since then, you need 3 Heinos to considered a great club, new rule.
No other team has even made a final other than Clemont and Racing.
Ulster 2012? Northampton 2011?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote: September 26th, 2020, 10:40 pm

That suggests that the HCC isn't a particularly competitive competition.
Now where have we heard that before?
BTW just putting a spin on it.
Most leagues in most sports are just like this, look at soccer, even tennis. Its not the norm to consider it a negative though. That's reserved for the Pro14.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote: September 26th, 2020, 10:43 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:39 pm Wow. At least tell me the lights were on. I was pretty sure it wasn't a Saturday evening match for no particularly good reason, remember the place lit up and the buzz. But memory is plastic and I could have invented it. And the three Exeter fans apparently!

First match in Europe after a lions or world cup is also the ideal time to play Leinster in Europe I think.
You could be getting confused with the London Irish game.
Or else.........
You're not suggesting that 433 was telling porkies, Oldschool?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Age related cognitive difficulties often referred to as "Senior moments"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

cormac wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:08 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:52 pm I remember us being awful that game, and Ferg playing in the centre too for some reason.

And then singing that awful chant.
Up to that point McFadden had started far more matches in the centre than on the wing (46 v 13). He and Eoin O'Malley were the back-up centres to Darce and Drico at the time.
Yes, the reason I remember is because of how poor he was!

I think that was the season he switched mainly to wing iirc.

Ferg & EOM were absolutely brilliant at times together. I loved watching EOM play actually. What could've been.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Yep, Andrew Goodman arrived shortly afterwards and became the back-up 12. Think Ferg started fewer than a dozen games after that at centre. His last start in the centre (alongside Noel Reid) was in the shambolic home defeat to Wasps in Leo's first season. Ended up with 99 starts on the wing and 57 in the centre.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Eoin O’Malley was class
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

fourthirtythree wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:05 pm https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 2?mode=amp

Keep training Saracens!
anyone know what the outcome is if racing cannot play the final? is it a default victory to exeter? or if they both can't play. what then?

impressed with pat lam and how he is doing with bristol. challenge cup final + a long shot of making the playoffs in the prem.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

fourthirtythree wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:05 pm https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 2?mode=amp

Keep training Saracens!
........and if they test positive, then we're in right :lol:
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

LeinsterLeader wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:00 pm

Keep training Saracens!
is that the way it works or are you joking?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:11 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: October 1st, 2020, 7:00 pm

Keep training Saracens!
is that the way it works or are you joking?
Ye I'm joking bud. I haven't the foggiest how it works :D . Best guess' Exeter win by default'
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I think they’d reschedule a final. With 1 week to the semi there were knock on effects of postponement
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Poite's cough comes back haunt Racing !!