Zebre at home, 23 Oct. 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Serb
Mullet

Re: Zebre at home, 23 Oct. 19:35

Post by Serb »

backrower8 wrote:What are you, a retired censor? This whole forum is driven by rumoje, speculation, subjective opinion and debate. We may as well shut the whole thing down if your logic applies.

A national journalist with his ear to the ground believes that the tide has gone out for Leavy and that he and Leinster are going through the last motions as the light fades on his career. We will see. But it’s a perspective worth sharing here in this hotbed of discussion and not one I have seen anywhere else.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, CK & ROL have minor niggles and there are a few outside backs who are frustrated that Dan got the #23 shirt this week. Fact. You’ll probably diss this as well but that’s your prerogative as it is mine to share insight and rumour.
I’ve no problem with speculation per se, as long as it’s framed as speculation. My issue here is that this journalist is presenting their speculative opinion but attempting to qualify it with “inside sources” or whatever — there’s just no way anyone in the know is feeding them this kind of information. It benefits nobody.

Why would I take issue with the idea that an outside back would have an issue with Leavy being at 23? I called it out myself as not making sense earlier in this thread. It would be more newsworthy if the lads who weren’t picked were delighted to not be in the squad.

I know people give you sh!t for various things in this forum, so maybe you think I’m attacking you. I’m not, I’ve zero issues with you or your opinions. It’s the Irish journos trying to add spin to every long term injury that bothers me, like when Heaslip and Murray were long time absentees.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:08 am thats hardly surprising.. player not selected, frustrated to not be selected.

not sure any of the academy outside backs have much to complain about.
There’s a lot that gets posted here that is ‘hardly surprising‘. There seems to be a new Editorial Control board in situ. I look forward to a much quieter forum where only verified world exclusives get published.

I think that when the young lads saw the internationals depart and injuries to others they sniffed their chance and weren’t expecting a 6:2 split as they Had been told that they were close to a start.

Some of the Academy players haven’t played a game in almost a year. When/if they do get their chance they will be judged as if they have half a dozen games under their belt.

No dramatic exclusives in all this. Just true granular insights that used to pass muster here. 😉
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ive heard so many rumours of careers being over with injuries that were off (many listed, also Addison and Ryan) and on the other side not hearing squat about guys who ended up quitting (Daly) or nearly quitting (Healy).

I try to ignore them now. It doesn’t do anyone any good and it does plenty of harm.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:06 pm
backrower8 wrote:What are you, a retired censor? This whole forum is driven by rumoje, speculation, subjective opinion and debate. We may as well shut the whole thing down if your logic applies.

A national journalist with his ear to the ground believes that the tide has gone out for Leavy and that he and Leinster are going through the last motions as the light fades on his career. We will see. But it’s a perspective worth sharing here in this hotbed of discussion and not one I have seen anywhere else.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, CK & ROL have minor niggles and there are a few outside backs who are frustrated that Dan got the #23 shirt this week. Fact. You’ll probably diss this as well but that’s your prerogative as it is mine to share insight and rumour.
I’ve no problem with speculation per se, as long as it’s framed as speculation. My issue here is that this journalist is presenting their speculative opinion but attempting to qualify it with “inside sources” or whatever — there’s just no way anyone in the know is feeding them this kind of information. It benefits nobody.

Why would I take issue with the idea that an outside back would have an issue with Leavy being at 23? I called it out myself as not making sense earlier in this thread. It would be more newsworthy if the lads who weren’t picked were delighted to not be in the squad.

I know people give you sh!t for various things in this forum, so maybe you think I’m attacking you. I’m not, I’ve zero issues with you or your opinions. It’s the Irish journos trying to add spin to every long term injury that bothers me, like when Heaslip and Murray were long time absentees.
There is no journalist. Just one person, a roster of alts, and enough information to sow into their disinformation.
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

backrower8 wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:28 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:08 am thats hardly surprising.. player not selected, frustrated to not be selected.

not sure any of the academy outside backs have much to complain about.
There’s a lot that gets posted here that is ‘hardly surprising‘. There seems to be a new Editorial Control board in situ. I look forward to a much quieter forum where only verified world exclusives get published.

I think that when the young lads saw the internationals depart and injuries to others they sniffed their chance and weren’t expecting a 6:2 split as they Had been told that they were close to a start.

Some of the Academy players haven’t played a game in almost a year. When/if they do get their chance they will be judged as if they have half a dozen games under their belt.

No dramatic exclusives in all this. Just true granular insights that used to pass muster here. 😉
so what? that doesn't entitle them to anything.. they were close, they better get used to being close and not being selected if they want a future at leinster.

most have played in the recent Leinster A game.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Hawkshaw ruled out, Silvester takes his spot on the bench
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

chrismcc wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:48 am Didn't see it mentioned anywhere so apologies if it has been but this game is live on TG4.
It's also on eir sport just in case it's not been mentioned before.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Jonny tight lips wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm Hawkshaw ruled out, Silvester takes his spot on the bench
Can’t even imagine the mental pain he must be going through right now, have to feel for the lad, been so unlucky with injuries
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Christ almighty, that's tough on Hawkshaw.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Terrible news for the poor guy. And there was me - like others, I imagine - assuming he was in the clear and that Leavy was the main rehab worry.....
chrismcc
Bookworm

Post by chrismcc »

carlow man wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 1:17 pm
chrismcc wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:48 am Didn't see it mentioned anywhere so apologies if it has been but this game is live on TG4.
It's also on eir sport just in case it's not been mentioned before.
I think all our games are on eir sport? I lost it recently so the ones and tg4 are handy!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

FLIP wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:44 pmThere is no journalist. Just one person, a roster of alts, and enough information to sow into their disinformation.
And I would have gotten away with it if all it weren’t for your superior intellect! :roll:

Whatever floats your boat Flip
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:06 pm

Fair dinkum.

In fairness the journalist isn’t trying to spin anything. It was a personal exchange. They haven’t printed anything. It just surprised me and I shared, but there is a new high moral bar here for stuff people find too unpalatable to talk about.

I have had similar pushback for my contention that we need to dial back Johnny’s role at Leinster and Ireland in order to develop a successor in time. Birch calls for it in the latest The42 Podcast, with Kinsella and Casey agreeing. BOD goes further on the same pod by, once again, pushing for fast-tracking investment in Harry Byrne, who Of course starts tonight.
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

I can see the future... and it's not SOO bad... I see a pizza...I see an enormous beer...I see Leinster on the telly. Considering the week that's in it I'm happy with that, getting excited again.
Love this time of year when the team is full of people with points and names to make...COYBIB.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

MarkyDeSad wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 5:23 pm I can see the future... and it's not SOO bad... I see a pizza...I see an enormous beer...I see Leinster on the telly. Considering the week that's in it I'm happy with that, getting excited again.
Love this time of year when the team is full of people with points and names to make...COYBIB.
100% These are the nights, when Leinster and Ireland stars of tomorrow are born! An Laighean abú!!!!!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Hope they shine, rather than burn! But I agree with the sentiment.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Bit of a shocker so far from Harry.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Poor enough start. Scrum has been minced twice now but we’ve gotten away with it.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Proably gonna curse him now but jaysus Ruddocks in great form
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

McGrath backing himself a lot here. Quite like it actually, has done reasonably well with his carries.