Zebre at home, 23 Oct. 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Zebre at home, 23 Oct. 19:35

Post by wixfjord »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:04 pm Tommy O’Brien has definitely been cutting his own hair during this pandemic. Shocking stuff.

Haha it's disgraceful :lol:
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Tommy O'Brien has been great tonight. He was all over the place.

Even with a dropped ball and knock.😉😉
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jaysus for a lad who's career is pretty much over according to an unnamed national rugby journalist Dan Leavy's been doing fairly well tonight eh?
#realrogbygoys #michaelsroysh #stephendonnelly
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Leavy has looked ok alright, a few decent carries. I don’t know why but I get a pain in my knee whenever I see him on the ball.

Penny also had a great last 10 mins. Shame he’ll be playing for Munster his time next year
Last edited by Serb on October 23rd, 2020, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Boooooooo. Even if it was the correct call
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Should have just given Leavy that try.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Sheahan's throwing was really impressive. No scrum issues either.

And a great curse as well :lol:
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

wixfjord wrote:Sheahan's throwing was really impressive. No scrum issues either.

Thought we were lucky to not give away a couple of penalties at scrum time at the beginning but we improved a lot after that.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:14 pm Leavy has looked ok alright, a few decent carries. I don’t know why but I get a pain in my knee whenever I see him on the ball.

Penny also had a great last 10 mins. Shame he’ll be playing for Munster his time next year Image
Stop that now on a good night
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Would of given JOB man of the match but DS had a great game.

Maybe a bit of a chance of him playing tonight and going onto great things for us ... little bit 😉
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Priceless post match MOTM interview On Eir with Dan Sheehan....
“It was a Fcuking hell of a feeling”...

Brilliant !!!! 😊😊
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:14 pm Leavy has looked ok alright, a few decent carries. I don’t know why but I get a pain in my knee whenever I see him on the ball.

Penny also had a great last 10 mins. Shame he’ll be playing for Munster his time next year Image
Haha, no chance Penny will play for Munster.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Serb wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:22 pm
wixfjord wrote:Sheahan's throwing was really impressive. No scrum issues either.

Thought we were lucky to not give away a couple of penalties at scrum time at the beginning but we improved a lot after that.
The first Leinster scrum where the pack were driven back and Ruddock somehow managed to salvage the ball as everyone was collapsing, I'd say many a ref would have penalised Leinster there.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

elephantman wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:05 pm

You'd hope they'd back Hodnet at 7 otherwise... it can't be ruled out.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

9/9 from the tee for Harry Byrne. Not bad
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 24th, 2020, 8:39 am

I would like and hope that Munster will back the players that are currently on their books, but it does look inevitable that Leinster will lose at least 1 if not 2 of their international opensides to another province.

If Leavy, Connors and JVF are all fit, it is likely that 2 of those will not even make the match day squads in the big games.
I don’t know the players personally, but I would imagine that the all have aspirations of being a first choice player, not only for Leinster, but also Ireland, and playing against Zebre and in the A games will not help their cause.

Throw Penny into the mix, along with the next guy behind him, and a player runs the risk of their career passing them by.

Massive credit to Leinster on this one. Ireland has produced so few top 7s with SOB being the only one since Wally, and although none of these are at that level yet, it looks like Ireland could be well stocked for a few years.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Many have commented on how weak Zebre were. As evidenced by the first 20 minutes, it wasn't primarily that Zebre were weak, it was that Leinster's mistakes eliminated the tempo and continuity in their game which is Leinster's greatest strength in this competition. Few, if any, other teams in the Pro14 have the ability to play at the pace that Leinster can generate and this is the key difference.

Even this Zebre selection can live with many of the second-tier selections of many others in the Pro14. They have a strong pack and a good defensive formation off first phase. However both of these strengths are diluted by high-tempo opponents. Leinster, Scarlets and Connacht are three teams with this outlook and attributes.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

munster#1 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 9:27 am
mildlyinterested wrote: October 24th, 2020, 8:39 am

I would like and hope that Munster will back the players that are currently on their books, but it does look inevitable that Leinster will lose at least 1 if not 2 of their international opensides to another province.

If Leavy, Connors and JVF are all fit, it is likely that 2 of those will not even make the match day squads in the big games.
I don’t know the players personally, but I would imagine that the all have aspirations of being a first choice player, not only for Leinster, but also Ireland, and playing against Zebre and in the A games will not help their cause.

Throw Penny into the mix, along with the next guy behind him, and a player runs the risk of their career passing them by.

Massive credit to Leinster on this one. Ireland has produced so few top 7s with SOB being the only one since Wally, and although none of these are at that level yet, it looks like Ireland could be well stocked for a few years.
sweet heavens control yourself man.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Dan Leavy post match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnV09yfgSA
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

FYI Silvester came on for Frawley, TOB moved to 12 and Silvester played 11 with Kearney moving to 14.