Ex-Leinster players

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

El Diablo
Mullet

Ex-Leinster players

Post by El Diablo »

Good to see Brendan Burke scoring for Rotherham on the Rugby Club last night. Apparently he is going well and has played centre, full back as well s wing this season..
Last edited by El Diablo on February 3rd, 2016, 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Rotherham's team is absolutely packed with ex-AIL and fringe provincial players and they're going very well in division one. If they go up there'll be a lot more Irishmen in the GP.
We're all red on the inside.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Munsterboy wrote:Rotherham's team is absolutely packed with ex-AIL and fringe provincial players and they're going very well in division one. If they go up there'll be a lot more Irishmen in the GP.
Think it's unlikely they will go up though. Premier Rugby (or whoever runs the GP) has very strict rules about size of grounds, primacy tenancy, etc. There are teams currently int the GP (LI, Wasps & Bath spring to mind) that wouldn't make the criteria if they got relegated. I think it's only Leeds who do.

Not sure what plans Roth have, if any, to get round it.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

claire_m wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:Rotherham's team is absolutely packed with ex-AIL and fringe provincial players and they're going very well in division one. If they go up there'll be a lot more Irishmen in the GP.
Think it's unlikely they will go up though. Premier Rugby (or whoever runs the GP) has very strict rules about size of grounds, primacy tenancy, etc. There are teams currently int the GP (LI, Wasps & Bath spring to mind) that wouldn't make the criteria if they got relegated. I think it's only Leeds who do.

Not sure what plans Roth have, if any, to get round it.

Would they not use the same plans they had last time they went up? Or has the rules being increased?
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Can't remember the exact rules, but it's at least 10,000 mostly seated. If you share with a football club, you have to have primacy of tenure, and there are other daft rules too. I'm not sure if the community programme is also included, and you have to have a groundsman called Keith.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

claire_m wrote:Can't remember the exact rules, but it's at least 10,000 mostly seated. If you share with a football club, you have to have primacy of tenure, and there are other daft rules too. I'm not sure if the community programme is also included, and you have to have a groundsman called Keith.
:wink:

Ok, but have these rules being changed or altered i.e. the ground capacity?
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

tones wrote:
claire_m wrote:Can't remember the exact rules, but it's at least 10,000 mostly seated. If you share with a football club, you have to have primacy of tenure, and there are other daft rules too. I'm not sure if the community programme is also included, and you have to have a groundsman called Keith.
:wink:

Ok, but have these rules being changed or altered i.e. the ground capacity?
Can't find them. All I can see is that the clubs have all signed up to them. There is deffo one about the ground capacity, and there are other things that the clubs need to do, but I don't know what they are. I think they're set in stone until 2009, but I think that Leeds are the only club who definitely meet them. Some of the other clubs may, but I'm pretty sure it's only Leeds.
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Re: Ex-Leinster players

Post by jedifart »

El Diablo wrote:Good to see Brendan Burke scoring for Rotherham on the Rugby Club last night. Apparently he is going well and has played centre, full back as well s wing this season..
...not to mention doind video analysis for them too! I've seen him play at full back quite a few times, and was always impressed.

I even saw him play no.8 for a short spell in one not-so-serious game! :lol:
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I see Ben Gissing was sin binned last night against the Ospreys.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

El Diablo wrote:I see Ben Gissing was sin binned last night against the Ospreys.
Again?! He was cited after the match last weekend — I thought he would have been on his best behaviour this time around.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Shane Jennings had a stormer for Leicester at the weekend. 2 tries and set up at least 1 more.
Long term replacement for Gleeson? Bring him back (along with Leo Cullen) please. They know if they want to play for Ireland they have to come back.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I see Niall Treston is starting regularly for Coventry in Division 1 in England (along with Mike Walls the former Connacht scrum half). It would be great to see him back. He is 100% Leinster and was hotly tipped to be the next big Irish prop until the leg break a few years ago.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

El Diablo wrote:I see Niall Treston is starting regularly for Coventry in Division 1 in England (along with Mike Walls the former Connacht scrum half). It would be great to see him back. He is 100% Leinster and was hotly tipped to be the next big Irish prop until the leg break a few years ago.
Mullet is playing at a higher standard than he is quite frankly.
I have Bumbleflex
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Oh dear Eoghan Hickey had a bit of a shocker tonight. He cost Munster the game with his missed kicks and the charge down that eventually lead to the Dragons try. Not good for the confidence.
Good to see the Bomber still going strong though.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

El Diablo wrote:Oh dear Eoghan Hickey had a bit of a shocker tonight. He cost Munster the game with his missed kicks and the charge down that eventually lead to the Dragons try. Not good for the confidence.
What made it worse was the fact that after coming on as a sub, he was subbed for BOMMER!
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

!!!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Why was Bryce Williams at the Dragons-Munster game on Friday night? Fancying a move to Newport maybe?
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

El Diablo wrote:Oh dear Eoghan Hickey had a bit of a shocker tonight. He cost Munster the game with his missed kicks and the charge down that eventually lead to the Dragons try. Not good for the confidence.
Thought that Kidney made a big mistake bringing on O'Meara for Hickie. Hickie had a nightmare, but his replacement was no better. All that has happened is that Hickie's confidence is probably shot.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Leinsterman wrote:Why was Bryce Williams at the Dragons-Munster game on Friday night? Fancying a move to Newport maybe?
I was wondering that myself. Or else he was scoping out the Munster team, given that he will face them with Bourgoin this Saturday
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Darce wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Why was Bryce Williams at the Dragons-Munster game on Friday night? Fancying a move to Newport maybe?
I was wondering that myself. Or else he was scoping out the Munster team, given that he will face them with Bourgoin this Saturday
Nice guy. He must still have the scars from playing against O'Connell and O'Callaghan on Black Sunday.
I had forgotten he was playing over there. Even more reason to cheer for Bourgoin on Sunday :lol: